Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Solving Knitr error

With Knitr in RStudio, an error occurred when producing a pdf file; the error message included the following sentences.

! LaTeX Error: File `fancyvrb.sty' not found.
pandoc document conversion failed with error 43

This error was supposed to be resolved by reinstalling RStudio and latex; however reinstalling them didn't solve the error in my case.

I empirically knew an error like this occurs when I use a non-administrator user.
In order to solve the error, I, as the administrator, launched RStudio and tried to install necessary style files by pushing Knit pdf button.
As it was successful way to install the necessary files, the error disappeared.
The error came surely from failures to make new folders for tex in the program folder.

The solution for that error is not noticeable because many websites don't tell us it.

I use RStudio ver. 0.98.1049 on Windows 8.

No comments: