Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Pangasius

I casually bought a fillet of white fish at a supermarket. The front side of the package showed it was just white fish, but didn't show what it was. I thought most of the white fish we could buy at the supermarket were deep-sea fish. I believed it was seafood and bought it. 

But when I had it the first bite, I noticed a difference. It was very tasty but it had a slightly muddy smell, and I felt it was more like a freshwater fish than a sea fish. Since I didn't experience the feeling from the tastes of sea fishes, I was curious about what fish it was, and I looked at the notation on the package. It showed Pangasius. Because I didn't know the name, I searched for the name. It was a catfish from overseas. 

I didn't know a catfish is tasty. That was an interesting happening. Because I don't usually buy fish, it was a rare case. In the rare case, I got excited and I realized I was lucky. Something new brings me luck. Surely, I will buy it again. 

No comments: