Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Link error about IMAGE::BuildImage

A link error about "IMAGE::BuildImage" suddenly appeared when I built a project after locally updating VS 2019.
First, I checked the dependencies of the project because did not know the error and edited parts of the project. But those did not relate to the error.
Next, asked it to a search engine, and I got one.
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b047880-77b8-457c-83c4-2f3fabf9c3f4/vs2015-link-fatal-error-lnk1000-internal-error-during-imagebuildimage?forum=vcgeneral
The version is not the same as mine but happing is the same. Thanks to these comments, I finally understood where the problem happened; it was Link time code generation. In my case, it set to LTCG: incremental option. I changed it to LTCG, and then, linking got successful.
Thank you very much.

No comments: