Saturday, December 28, 2019

Yukidaruma Senkin 雪だるま 仙禽

Though I have heard Senkin Yukidaruma in a Japanese bar, I had not looked for that bottle.
A day, I unexpectedly found that bottle in a shop. I wondered if I should buy it. Finally, I bought it. The price of 1 sho (1.8 l) was 3600 yen.
This bottle is shown in this photo. A cute snowman Yukidaruma was drawn on the bottle.
A description was attached on the back as shown in this photo. I think this is patched on every bottle of the Senkin series.
The polishing ratio is 60% and the ABV is 13%. 

The top was covered as shown here. Because this bottle had not been heated, the yeast was yielding alcohol and the gas yet in this bottle. So there was a possibility to break the bottle by carbonic acid gas. A hole was necessary to prevent breaking the bottle. On the other hand, to prevent overflowing the content, a part of a white mesh was put under the hole.

Since this was effervescence, note how open the bottle was attached.

Along with the note, I had put one night in a refrigerator.
I removed the cap.
And pulled it and open it.
But then bubbles did not happen well. The pressure was less than I expected.

The color was not clear and white translucent.

I felt it was really effervescence when I got a sip.
The taste was good sweet. The aroma might be a weak sour of lactic acid but not that of fruits. 
After removing gas, only sweat teste remained.

No comments: