Monday, September 9, 2024

Bouldering

I went bouldering in a gym for the first time in a while. The trigger is a talk with a friend. When I was drinking with the friend, he mentioned his son had started bouldering. In the talk, I replied that I had been doing it too, and then, we decided to try bouldering together. It was just a few days ago, but he asked me about it today.

We decided to climb the outside wall around noon. The weather forecast said it wouldn't be that too hot, but the reality was different. After sweating outside for about an hour, I felt like giving up. Since it was our first time, we talked about how to start, how to shift my weight, etc., and ended up doing it lightly. Although it was a short time, it was fun to exercise outside.

Through bouldering this time, I understood one problem of feeling. Generally, it is quite difficult to keep trying to challenge something that we stumbled on once and could not solve for a while. I think motivation is a type of confidence. A lack of self-confidence leads to a lack of motivation. And the inability to do anything comes. Then, weak people look for causes other than themselves.

I think the reason why blame-takers are often lacking in ability is because they cannot take on challenges. That's why it's very difficult to try hard and overcome our defeat, but it's also worth it.

No comments: